Whilst Jay's Disco's aims to provide the very
best service available to their clients,
each booking is bound by our
Terms and Conditions as laid out below to protect both Client and Provider.
If at any time you would like an e-mailed or printed version of our T&C's then please contact us immediately and we will be happy to help.
Any person(s) or organisation(s) requesting services from Jay's Disco's will be known as the “client/hirer” or “you“. Any request for services from Jay's Disco's once confirmed will be known as a “booking” or “event”. Representatives of Jay's Disco's are known as “Staff” or “DJ”. Jay's Disco's are also referred to below as “Us, “Our” or “We”.
“In writing” can be deemed as email or any other electronic messaging means, where there is an audit trail. You agree to the following T&C’s at the point of booking.
1. A booking once confirmed in writing either by email, or other written forms where there is an audit trail, becomes known as the “booking” or “event” as below.
2a. You may cancel a booking at any time, by notice in writing to us.
You will then be liable to pay us compensation based upon a percentage of the package fee depending upon when in number of days before the event the notice is received:
60 – 46 Days 50%, 45 – 31 Days 100%,
2b. For Clients with Payment Credit Terms (usually 30 day unless agreed otherwise), additional fees for overdue payments will be payable by the Client, assuming the correct invoices are presented by Us within 5 working days of the actual event date.
The client will be liable as follows and is based on a percentage of the invoiced/total fee for the Event:
31 – 44 Days 20%, 45 – 60 Days 40%, 61 – 90 Days 50% 91 or more Days 75%
The above fees are cumulative
(IE if a payment is 51 days late then you will firstly occur a 20% addition to your total followed by a further 40% charge. If £200 is owed this would total to £336)
3. For those sub-contracting their services to Us, failure to adhere to the terms incur the same penalty charging structure as laid out in Clause 2, and further action will be taken to claim costs for seeking alternative event subcontractors, and costs for any damage to our reputation.
4. If the date of the Event is postponed, We may at our sole discretion (which we will exercise reasonably having regard to our ability to obtain alternative work on the first agreed date and availability on the second date) agree not to treat the contract as being cancelled but to provide the services on the postponed date and apply all monies paid by You towards the fees for that day.
5. Any deposit or booking fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
6. Paying a booking fee for your event or function is a 100% binding guarantee of contract and reservation of your function date.
7. The client/hirer is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by any person at your event. You will be charged for the full cost of any repairs, or replacements required. You will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused.
8. We will not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time that we feel our personal safety is under threat. We do not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue.
9. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
10. In the event of fire, flooding, public disturbance, terrorist activity or any other threat to the public, we will not be responsible to evacuate any venue or building where we are present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify otherwise.
11. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
12. Failed payment of any fees owed within 30 days after the date of the event will result in pending legal action. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to add interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
13. We need a minimum of one hour to enter a venue and set up prior to the start time and also a similar time at the end of the night to pack away.
14. If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring us, please consider the amount of space available and where we are going to put our equipment.
15. We reserve the right to refuse to continue any event prior to the start should there be insufficient floor space, which would not allow the audio and lighting equipment to be assembled safely.
16. It is the client/hirer’s responsibility to ensure equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds, part of full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue restrictions imposed. Not all disco equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/ or up staircases, or power sockets being available in suitable locations.
17. It is the client/hirer’s responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use.
18. Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment. If any of your guests/clients are found tampering with any of our equipment.
19. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use equipment owned by us.
20. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third party intervention.
21. We reserve the right to substitute alternative entertainment should uncontrollable circumstances dictate the need to do so.
22. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
23. All of our equipment that is used is checked prior to arrival and has been fully tested for safety by a qualified electrical engineer. If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The client/hirer is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours.
24. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within ten metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 2 x 13amp outlets dedicated purely for our equipment (no extension leads). Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or power interruption is the responsibility of the hirer.
25. The hirer/client is fully responsible for any damage caused to the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power without our consultation.
26. If the function is in a marquee and power is being supplied via a generator the client takes full responsibility for any damage caused to our equipment due to power surges or failures of said generator and costs incurred for the repair of such items.
27. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
28. The DJ and their assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their attendance at the venue, and will respond the client/hirer or Manager’s requests as to volume, siting of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
29. During your event there is a very strong likelihood of photographs and or video being taken for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have photos published on the website or social media sites, then you must inform us in writing or verbally at least 7 days before the event.
30. We will not be liable for non-fulfilment of this contract by the Management and, or the DJ, although every reasonable precautions will be taken.
31. In the event of the client seeking compensation, we will not be liable under any such claim, and the contracted DJ will only be liable for a sum up to and not exceeding the contracted amount. This is proportionate to the claims being made in line with any services being agreed for provision.
32. Details outlining our cover for Public Liability Insurance and Portable Appliance Testing can be sent to clients electronically in advance of an event, but only once a booking is confirmed.
33. Hard copies are brought a venue by the DJ where possible.
34. We reserve the right to alter any or all of the above at any time.